A matter of facts
Some quick insights to our business
- Annual turnover up to March 2013 was £2.65 billion across 790 stores and other business activities.
- We employ 25,000 people throughout the UK.
- The cumulative tax we paid to UK Plc from Financial Year 2006 to 2013 was £599.1m.
- In September 2013 our 800th store opened its doors at Beccles, Suffolk.
- We are a privately-owned business with an operating board comprising of working directors and shareholders.
- We enjoy a top-ten ranking in the UK Customer Satisfaction Index*.
- Iceland was the only national food retailer to feature in the 2014 Best Companies league table.
- We export our products to more than 30 countries around the world through our International Division.
- Last year, we launched over 400 new food products under our own label.
- 2013 saw the launch of Iceland's new online shopping service, backed by a £250,000 investment in our Home Delivery Driver Centre of Excellence at Deeside.
* Source: UKCSI, 2013.